DHS supports Durham Region Alzheimer’s Society.
We invite our clients and families to join the DHS Team in making memories matter at the Alzheimer Society of Durham Region Annual Walk for Alzheimer’s. This is a disease that is near and dear to our hearts at DHS Health Services. We work closely with many in the community and their families that are afflicted with Alzheimer’s and all different types of cognitive impairments.
This is a great way to get involved and help fund raise and increase awareness of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia’s in our community.
In 2016, over 300 people joined to make a difference for these people and their care partners, raising over $60,000 to support programs and services provided by Alzheimer Society of Durham Region. Approximately 10,000 people in Durham Region are living with dementia. Please help us to raise awareness and resources while reducing the stigma and the social isolation for these individuals and their families.
Please visit us at our booth on Sunday May 7, 2017 at the Oshawa Civic, Terry Kelly Field, Oshawa, Ontario. For more information please like and share our Facebook page. And please Donate today happy walking!
We are walking to make memories matter for Alzheimer’s
Sunday, May 7, 2017
Registration: 10:00am Walk Start: 11:30am
Oshawa Civic – Terry Kelly Field, Oshawa, ON
For more information: Walk for Alzheimer’s – Durham Region
DHS Health Care helps and supports the Durham Region to provide compassionate, high-quality in-home memory care for your loved one. We support your loved ones to be able to stay safe and happy in the comfort of their own home. The warm, familiar surroundings of home plays an important role in managing cognitive diseases.
Alzheimer’s disease doesn’t only affect the family member with the condition, it impacts the whole family. It can be hard for families to cope with this progressive memory condition. It takes a lot of boundless amounts of patience, empathy and love from family and support staff. We provide professional care giving and support staff with individualized care for your loved one and gives you back some time to recharge. DHS Health Care offers a variety of home support services for your loved one and family:
- Encouragement to be independent, reminders to take medication and managing changing behaviors
- Personal care assistance such as: toileting, bathing, grooming and dressing
- Maintain a daily routine to discourage agitation and outbursts
- Mental stimulation through conversation and other preferred activities
- Maintaining a safe and clean environment
- Provide nutritious meals and companionship
- Light housework and other household tasks
- Assist with activities, socialization and transportation
- Transport to medical appointments and other social events
- Support the family caregivers with information, assistance and downtime
- Adapting the level of care as the disease progresses
Call us at 1-905-571-1511 to learn more about the ways our In-Home support services and how we can help your loved one continue to enjoy life and family in the comfort of their own home.